12.08.2010

Makeup Class at Portfolio

After looking for freelance makeup & hair stylists for the Jason's wedding, I wanted to take some makeup class again! I remember I had taken one in Van but it totally didn't work well... haha. So I was browsing around on web and see if there's any makeup class I can try out. Basically the "star-grade" makeup artists in HK has their own makeup school now. So I found Gary Chung's makeup school - Portfolio and it looks pretty interesting. ((((If u remember, Gary is Tsui Sze Kei's official makeup artist.))) So I called them up and ask for the price, then they invited me to a free trial class. THen i immediately asked Carmen to go w/ me becuz i know she'll be so interested la~

So lucky of us, the trial class was doing "smoky-eyes"!!! it's one of the must-learn class nowadays becuz girls love smoky-kitty eyes now. It's suitable for brides and party. And more lucky of us... the class was taught by Gary himself !! woohoo~ he's such a professional teacher.... he started by skincare process, then makeup, then hair. He chose a student and did the whole makeup. Other than that, the most attractive thing about his school is all the tools and makeup are free for use for the students, he encourages his students to go school with differet models and practice as much as they want. Also his school linked up with other model school, dance school, and celebrities, so it is really a good way to start the career because u can build ur portfolio with celebrities! However, the price is also "star-graded" too. There're 3 parts which last for about half year. It's $40,000 for 3 parts or $15,000 each. :P

No comments: